Sunday, June 4, 2017

Luna 😍😱🐴❤️🌙

I have a new love! Ever since Levi left I have been riding Tucker in my lessons. And he's okay and all but he's just not enough horse for me if that makes sense. He was bred for western riding so he can't jump any higher than I've already gone so he's not much of a challenge. He also always has his head way down and it's super hard to pull it up. But as I said before I have found a new love: (as you probably guessed by the title) Luna. She is the best horse ever. I've only ridden her for two lessons (and one was a really long time ago) but I'm already in love with her. In the lesson that I had a long time ago I didn't really realize how amazing she was. But I guess people have been working with her a lot because now... I can't even describe how incredibly perfect she is. The second I got on her yesterday I could tell that I was in love. I tried one new horse and I don't even need to look anymore because on the first try I found the perfect one. (That was sort of a weird sentence.) I got on her without anyone needing to hold her into place like Tucker (Tucker is scared of the mounting block) which was awesome. We went over a course with poles on the ground first. We walked through it so it wasn't very exciting but that was ok because it was just a warm up to get to know the course. Then Hallie (The instructor) raised the jumps to what looked to me like 6 inches. We trotted over that and Luna was amazing. Then Hallie raised the jumps to 1 foot 6 inches (the highest I've jumped) and Luna and I went over it like it was nothing. It was the most comfortable smooth course EVER!!! And then (this is the best part) Hallie set up an oxer If you already know what an oxer is you can skip this part. You can if you want to though I don't really care.😂

An oxer is a type of horse jump with two rails that may be set even or uneven. The width between the poles may vary. It is more advanced than regular jumps that are just one rail. To jump it horses don't just have to jump high they have to jump far. 

I've never jumped an oxer before but Luna jumped it like a pro which she is because she rocks!!! (:  The oxer was 1 foot and 3 inches high and 2 feet wide. The jump felt awesome!!! It felt like we were flying. I wanted to ride a new horse and I got the best one I could've ever asked for 😊❤️😊❤️😊❤️


1 comment: